The Austrian Society Scholarship is awarded each year to students from the Schulich School of Music who are planning to study in Austria during the summer. One or more scholarships normally valued at $3,000 each will be awarded based on the recommendation of the Executive Committee of the Schulich School of Music.
Monday, April 15, 2019 @ 5pm
Apply online and include the following information:
- A description of your plans for summer study, including budget (one page).
- A letter of recommendation from your teacher or advisor in the Schulich School of Music (submitted in a separate online form).
- A letter of acceptance from the institution or teacher with whom you intend to study (if not available at time of application, please include proof of application with indication of when acceptance may be confirmed).
- A Curriculum Vitae / detailed bio.
Amount and disbursement of funds
One or more scholarships normally valued at $3,000 each will be awarded by the Schulich School of Music Executive Committee, conditional upon proof of acceptance to your program of study.
Open to all full-time Undergraduate, Graduate, and Diploma students who have been accepted into a summer study program or the equivalent with a host institution in Austria. Students are eligible to hold this award once during any degree program.
Applications will be evaluated based on:
- The student’s profile.
- The suitability of the project for their current career/academic stage.
- The expected artistic and academic benefits of the proposed studies.
- The appropriateness of the environment in which the student will work.
- The potential for engagement with Austrian art and culture.